Frontend Software Engineer
Two Bulls are a digital product studio of nearly 90 people who are busy making game-changing products with a playful mindset for clients who share our enthusiasm.
We work with companies big and small to solve problems across industries from finance to games, building everything from mobile business apps to VR experiences, all within our offices in Melbourne and New York.
- Creating kid focused facial recognition technology that powers fun and engaging AR experiences for major children’s brands.
- Reimagining personal identity for Victorian citizens by creating a digital wallet that replaces existing physical IDs.
- Supporting people who wish to retain their independence as they age by developing a serverless IoT platform for intelligent motion sensors that can alert carers when activity is out of the ordinary.
- Assisting children with chronic medical conditions by developing a VR experience that successfully relieves anxiety and pain from procedures involving needles.
- Pushing the limits of mixed reality by imagining and building ‘The Workshop of the Future’ (sharpies and all), through the power of the Magic Leap.
About the role
As an engineer at Two Bulls, you will work closer than ever with your cross-disciplinary squad to create best-in-class products.
- You make great digital products. The tools are simply an extension of your ability to create useful, usable and delightful products for real people.
- You lead by example. You are a self-starter who walks the talk. You frequently mentor and empower other team members, even if they’re not an engineer.
- You’re fast. Everyone says so. But really, it’s because you exert the right amount of effort by appropriately shifting between tool and fidelity to ship early and often.
- You’re scrappy and resourceful by nature. You use what/who you have around you to test assumptions so you can make better products.
- You are fearless. To you, failure is about learning and improving. Your scars have honed your instinct, which makes you the engineer you are today.
- You are a brilliant communicator. You clearly articulate your opinions and can explain complex ideas to a five-year-old.
- Buzzwords make you cringe. But you also understand why things like the Agile and Lean methodologies are necessary aspects of creating great products.
- You are a team player. To you, creativity is a team sport. Collaboration is something you talk about regularly. You do not have an ego.
- Above all, you’re just a good person.
- You can show us examples of products you’ve shipped for real people.
- You have worked in an Agile environment (or can at least articulate its importance).
- You have worked in a cross-disciplinary team.
- You’ve worked closely with clients and other stakeholders.
- You know the ins and outs of:
- React or Vue.js
- HTML and CSS
- While not required, bonus points apply if you know a little about:
- Web application design patterns and user experience
- Python or .NET Core
- AWS, specifically, Lambda, ECS, RDS and API Gateway
- Busy life? We get it. We’re flexible with working hours.
- Want to go to an event or learn something? We’ll pay for it.
- Don’t have time to step out for lunch? We provide a communal lunch every day.
- Need to stretch your legs? Go for a walk. You are surrounded by cafes, bars, restaurants and the other various trappings of Smith Street in Collingwood.
- Birthdays off for everyone. Treat yourself. You deserve it.