Senior UX Designer
Hi there! Two Bulls are a digital product studio of nearly 90 people who are busy making game-changing products with a playful mindset for clients who share our enthusiasm.
We work with companies big and small to solve problems across industries from finance to games, building everything from mobile business apps to VR experiences, all within our offices in Melbourne and New York.
- Helping those experiencing suicidal urges by guiding them to work through steps until they feel safe.
- Reimagining personal identity for Victorian citizens by creating a digital wallet that replaces existing physical IDs.
- Supporting people who wish to retain their independence as they age by developing a platform for intelligent motion sensors that can alert carers when activity is out of the ordinary.
- Assisting children with chronic medical conditions by developing a VR experience that successfully relieves anxiety and pain from procedures involving needles.
- Pushing the limits of mixed reality by imagining and building ‘The Workshop of the Future’ (sharpies and all), through the power of the Magic Leap.
About the role
As a designer at Two Bulls, you run complete projects with minimal oversight. You will work closer than ever with cross-disciplinary squads to create best-in-class products.
- You make great digital products. The tools are simply an extension of your ability to create useful, usable and delightful products for real people.
- You are a natural facilitator. You read rooms like a psychic and use the right tools to draw required insights and information from group workshops.
- You lead by example. You are a self-starter who walks the talk. You frequently mentor and empower other team members, even if they’re not a designer.
- You’re fast. Everyone says so. But really, it’s because you exert the right amount of effort by appropriately shifting between tool and fidelity to ship early and often.
- You’re scrappy and resourceful by nature. You use what/who you have around you to test assumptions so you can make better products — like a design MacGyver.
- You are fearless. To you, failure is about learning and improving. Your scars have honed your instinct, which makes you the designer you are today.
- You are a brilliant communicator. You clearly articulate your opinions and can explain complex ideas to a five-year-old.
- Buzzwords make you cringe. But you also understand why things like Agile and Lean are necessary aspects of creating great products.
- You are a team player. To you, creativity is a team sport. Collaboration is something you talk about regularly. You do not have an ego.
- Above all, you’re just a good person.
- You can show us examples of products you’ve shipped for real people.
- You have worked in an Agile environment (or can at least articulate its importance).
- You have worked in a cross-disciplinary team and are known to be a developer’s best friend.
- You’ve worked closely with clients and other stakeholders.
- You might even be able to show us some UI work.
- Busy life? We get it. We’re flexible with working hours.
- Want to go to an event or learn something? We’ll pay for it.
- Don’t have time to step out for lunch? We provide a communal lunch every day.
- Need to stretch your legs? Go for a walk. You are surrounded by cafes, bars, restaurants and the other various trappings of Smith Street in Collingwood.